Overview of Protocols
In addition to the Site Rules & Regulations, BC Housing has created a number of səmiq̓ʷeʔelə-specific Protocols, to make sure that the site is safe and well-maintained for all who use it.
We expect everyone who uses səmiq̓ʷeʔelə to follow these Protocols. They are enforced by BC Housing and we reserve the right to impose access restrictions to persons, productions, corporations or organizations that are in breech of the Protocols. BC Housing reserves the right to dispose of or tow vehicles/equipment that are parked or stored contrary to the Protocols.
BC Housing reserves the right to change these Protocols from time to time at its sole discretion.
Users are still required to seek approval, where applicable, with the all regulatory agencies for their specific needs. (City of Coquitlam building permits).
- Archaeological Protocol ensures that everyone accessing the səmiq̓ʷeʔelə are aware of the requirements set out by the Heritage Conservation Act and the Kwikwetlem First Nation Heritage Policy as it they relate to any ground disturbance work on the səmiq̓ʷeʔelə
- Engineering and Servicing Protocol outlines process and submission procedures regarding new tenant connections to civil services, including but not limited to water, storm, sanitary, power, roads, street lighting and gas
- BC Housing Film Policy is a BC Housing corporate film policy that applies to the səmiq̓ʷeʔelə and outlines the nature of film production permitted in or on Provincial Rental Housing Corporation/BC Housing property
- Parking, Mobility and Vehicle Traffic Protocol sets out expectations for all users of parking and streets outside of specified lease and/or tenanted areas of the site for the safe and orderly movement and parking of both motorized and non-motorized vehicles at səmiq̓ʷeʔelə
- Rules and Regulations Protocol ensures the safety of visitors, privacy of many residents and establishes conduct to assist BC Housing in the ongoing maintenance of səmiq̓ʷeʔelə
- Sign Protocol sets out the process and submission procedures regarding both permanent and time-limited signs, including community post boards
- Tree and Plant Protection Specification Protocol sets out the expectations for protection, regulation of cutting and the overall health of the səmiq̓ʷeʔelə tree inventory
- Special Events Protocol sets out the proposal process and event requirements to host a special event on səmiq̓ʷeʔelə. Note that there may be additional requirements in place to reduce risks related to COVID-19